1. Fill out UYOE Membership Application
Both current members and prospective members should fill out the Membership Application.
2. Schedule an Audition Time
Auditions will be held Saturday, June 3rd. Prospective new members auditioning for either UYSO or UYPhil can sign up for a time here. Auditions for the UYJSO will also be on June 3rd, with current members filling the morning time slots and prospective new members in the afternoon. The UYJSO sign up sheet can be found here.
Your audition will take place at David Gardner Hall on the northwest corner of the University of Utah's President's Circle and University Street. The room numbers will be posted at the entrance to Gardner Hall.
Things to Remember
- Auditions - Beginning this year, current members of the UYSO and UYPhil will not have to re-audition. Current UYJSO members will still have a 5 minute audition each year.
- Rehearsals - Attendance for UYSO and UYPhil is required. Our attendance policy has provisions for unavoidable, excused absences. Musicians must commit to a rehearsal schedule for the full concert season. Rehearsals take place at David Gardner Hall at the University of Utah.
- Financial - Tuition due by season's second rehearsal.
- Volunteer - Parents or guardians are encouraged to fill a volunteer role.
- Decision - Placement into UYSO, UYPhil, or UYJSO is determined by our directors. Placement decisions are final.
One of our values states that no one is to be excluded on the basis of ability to pay.
We offer and make available scholarships for those who qualify for assistance.