1. Schedule an audition
Email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will reply confirming the date, time, and room numbers for your warm-up and audition.
- Mailing Address
- Year in school (in September of 2016)
- Requested audition date (if during regular spring auditions-see home page for audition dates)
- Orchestra auditioning for (1) UYSO / UYPhil or (2) UYJSO
Print and complete this application form. At least 5 days prior to your audition, either scan and email it to email@example.com, or fax it to 888-682-9061. Bring a hard copy to your audition. We need TWO copies total.
Your audition will take place at David Gardner Hall on the northwest corner of the University of Utah's President's Circle and University Street. You will receive a reminder email with the room number.
Things to Remember
- Auditions - All orchestra musicians re-audition for every season.
- Rehearsals - Attendance for UYSO and UYPhil is required. Our attendance policy has provisions for unavoidable, excused absences. Musicians must commit to a rehearsal schedule for the full concert season. Rehearsals take place at David Gardner Hall at the University of Utah.
- Financial - Tuition due by season's second rehearsal in order to take advantage of discount.
- Volunteer - Parent or guardian expected to fill a volunteer role.
- Decision - Placement into UYSO or UYPhil is determined by our music director, into the orchestra that she judges to be best for each individual. Placement decisions are final.
One of our values states that no one is to be excluded on the basis of ability to pay.
We offer and make available scholarships for those who qualify for assistance.