1. Fill out 2018-2019 UYOE Membership Application
Both current members and prospective members should fill out the Membership Application.
2. Schedule an Audition Time
Auditions for UYSO and UYPhil will be held Saturday, June 2nd. Prospective new members auditioning for either UYSO or UYPhil can sign up for a time here. Auditions for the UYJSO will be on June 16th. Current members of UYJSO should sign up for the 5 minute slots in the afternoon, new members should sign up for the 10 minute slots in the morning. The UYJunior sign up can be found here. There will also be another audition date for all three orchestras towards the end of the summer. We will post dates and times once they are available.
Your audition will take place at David Gardner Hall on the northwest corner of the University of Utah's President's Circle and University Street. The room numbers will be posted at the entrance to Gardner Hall.
Things to Remember
- Auditions - For the UYPhil and UYSO only new members and 2nd violins who would like to move to the 1st violins must audition. For the UYJSO returning members will still play a short audition.
- Rehearsals - Attendance for UYSO and UYPhil is required. Our attendance policy has provisions for unavoidable, excused absences. Musicians must commit to a rehearsal schedule for the full concert season. Rehearsals take place at David Gardner Hall at the University of Utah.
- Financial - Tuition for the year is due by October 13th.
- Volunteer - There are many opportunities for Parents or Guardians to volunteer. We will have sign-ups on-line prior to any events.
- Decision - Placement into UYSO or UYPhil is determined by our directors, into the orchestra that they judge to be best for each individual. Placement decisions are final.
One of our values states that no one is to be excluded on the basis of ability to pay.
We offer and make available scholarships for those who qualify for assistance.