1. Record your Audition Video
Your video should include one scale of your choice and two works of contrasting styles comparable to the skill level listed below. Upload your video to a video hosting service (youtube, vimeo, etc) or the cloud service of your choice (google drive, etc.) and copy the link to the appropriate line in the Membership Application.
2. Fill out 2019-2020 UYOE Membership Application
Both current members and prospective members should fill out the Membership Application. There is a field to upload both a current picture and the link to your audition video.
Things to Remember
- Auditions - Returning members for all three orchestras will be required to submit a video with their Membership Application.
- Rehearsals - Attendance for UYSO and UYPhil is required. Our attendance policy has provisions for unavoidable, excused absences. Musicians must commit to a rehearsal schedule for the full concert season. Rehearsals take place at David Gardner Hall at the University of Utah.
- Financial - Tuition for the year is due by October 12th.
- Volunteer - There are many opportunities for Parents or Guardians to volunteer. We will have sign-ups on-line prior to any events.
- Decision - Placement into UYSO or UYPhil is determined by our directors, into the orchestra that they judge to be best for each individual. Placement decisions are final.
- Deadline- We ask that the Membership Application and Audition videos be submitted by June 16th. If, however, you are new to the area or miss the deadline, please contact us about applying.
One of our values states that no one is to be excluded on the basis of ability to pay.
We offer and make available scholarships for those who qualify for assistance.