1. Fill out UYOE Membership Application
Both current members and prospective members should fill out the Membership Application.
2. Schedule an Audition Time
Auditions will be held Saturday, September 9th. Prospective new members auditioning for either UYSO or UYPhil can sign up for a time here. Auditions for the UYJSO will also be on September 9th. The UYJSO sign up sheet can be found here.
Your audition will take place at David Gardner Hall on the northwest corner of the University of Utah's President's Circle and University Street. The room numbers will be posted at the entrance to Gardner Hall.
Things to Remember
- Auditions - Beginning this year only new members must audition.
- Rehearsals - Attendance for UYSO and UYPhil is required. Our attendance policy has provisions for unavoidable, excused absences. Musicians must commit to a rehearsal schedule for the full concert season. Rehearsals take place at David Gardner Hall at the University of Utah.
- Financial - Tuition for the year is due by October 14th.
- Volunteer - There are many opportunities for Parents or Guardians to volunteer. We will have sign-ups on-line prior to any events.
- Decision - Placement into UYSO or UYPhil is determined by our directors, into the orchestra that they judge to be best for each individual. Placement decisions are final.
One of our values states that no one is to be excluded on the basis of ability to pay.
We offer and make available scholarships for those who qualify for assistance.