1. Fill out 2018-2019 UYOE Membership Application
Both current members and prospective members should fill out the Membership Application.
2. Record your Video Audition
Your video should include one scale of your choice and two works of contrasting style comparable to the skill level listed below.
3. Upload your Audition Video.
Upload your video to a video hosting service (youtube, vimeo, etc) or the cloud service of your choice (google drive, etc.) and send a link to email@example.com. We will view your video and respond with results as quickly as possible.
Things to Remember
- Auditions - For the UYPhil and UYSO only new members and 2nd violins who would like to move to the 1st violins must audition. For the UYJSO returning members will still play a short audition.
- Rehearsals - Attendance for UYSO and UYPhil is required. Our attendance policy has provisions for unavoidable, excused absences. Musicians must commit to a rehearsal schedule for the full concert season. Rehearsals take place at David Gardner Hall at the University of Utah.
- Financial - Tuition for the year is due by October 13th.
- Volunteer - There are many opportunities for Parents or Guardians to volunteer. We will have sign-ups on-line prior to any events.
- Decision - Placement into UYSO or UYPhil is determined by our directors, into the orchestra that they judge to be best for each individual. Placement decisions are final.
One of our values states that no one is to be excluded on the basis of ability to pay.
We offer and make available scholarships for those who qualify for assistance.